Thursday, May 8, 2014

Travel by Hankie, Part Two: Oklahoma

Here's another in our continuing series on vintage souvenir handkerchiefs.  

This souvenir hankie from Oklahoma has a nice story to go with it.  

When I looked at the hankies at this particular estate sale, I originally found one almost identical to this one, representing the state of Nebraska.  Another shopper, who had also been picking out hankies to buy, asked me if I wanted to trade my Nebraska hankie for the Oklahoma hankie she had previously pulled out of the collection of vintage linens.

Having so many memories* connected with the state of Oklahoma, I said yes.

Thank you, unidentified fellow vintage hankie shopper!










*If you missed my previous blog posts on my 2013 trip back to Oklahoma, they're collected here:

http://estatesalechronicles.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-historic-house-at-801-flynn-alva.html


No comments:

Post a Comment